Text alone will not entirely capture the attention of your website’s visitors or provide value to them. People desire information that is both quick and clear. Videos are an excellent technique to capture people’s interest and keep them on your website for a longer period of time. So, let’s see what the finest WordPress video plugins are for effortlessly embedding videos on any post or page.
Some video streaming companies, such as YouTube, provide a simple method for adding video to your WordPress website. Simply copy and paste the video’s URL from YouTube onto the page where you want the video to appear, and WordPress will take care of the rest. Instead of the URL, you can alternatively copy and paste the embed code from YouTube. However, you could only insert one video without any effects or control, much alone video galleries or the option to select video thumbnails. There are also other video streaming sites, such as Vimeo and Dailymotion, but not all of them allow you to easily add videos to your WordPress-powered website.
There are numerous video plugins for WordPress. Those provide highly imaginative ways to include videos and audio into your website. You may make video galleries, add adverts, player controls, and select a thumbnail for each video, among other things.
The top WordPress video player plugins with plenty of features are listed here. These are the tools you’ll need to display videos on your website in the most innovative, entertaining, and user-friendly way possible.
One of the greatest plugins for showing videos on WordPress websites is Advanced Responsive Video Embedder. ARVE is entirely responsive, allowing the plugin to display videos seamlessly on a variety of screen sizes, including smartphones and tablets. It also provides a quick and simple method for inserting movies. When installed, simply click “embed a video” in the top right-hand corner of the WordPress editor to begin embedding a video. Then simply paste the link of the video you want to show. You can also change the settings for autoplay, orientation, and maximum width.
- SEO-friendly, allows you to set title, description, and upload date to offer schema.org data to search engines.
- Tens of video services are supported, including YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
YouTube is the most popular video-hosting site, but it’s not the only one. You may also promote material on Vimeo.
Most WordPress video plugins enable YouTube videos, though. Video Gallery differs.
This plugin lets you build YouTube, Vimeo, and mixed video galleries. Once developed, you can choose from several design alternatives to match your website’s style.
- Videos from both YouTube and Vimeo can be played on this device.
- Includes a video collection that can be seen in a lightbox.
- Included in the package is a content slider as well as a video slider.
- Counts the number of times each video has been viewed.
- Limited support documents
- You are unable to alter the sorting field or the order of the videos.
- There have been several reports of compatibility problems with specific WordPress themes.
Smash Balloon is a fast, simple WordPress video plugin. It’s “designed for performance” so it won’t slow down pages or hurt search rankings.
Asking how? Smash Balloon only loads the video player if the visitor starts to watch the video. This boosts page speed and SEO.Custom pause and end actions, responsive designs, and stylistic tweaks are also available. Also, if you use social networking sites other than YouTube, be sure to check out Smash Balloon’s Social Wall plugin.
- Post caching is a feature that helps load times overall.
- There is no requirement for prior knowledge in coding for customisation.
- Creates a stream that includes any public YouTube playlist that you want.
- Users can search for certain keywords to filter videos in your stream.
- Designed for those who have more experience using WordPress.
- The free edition offers a restricted set of features and capabilities.
- Shortcodes offer only a few limited personalization choices.
- Limited support material
Envira Gallery is a plugin for video galleries that includes a drag-and-drop page builder. Using one of its pre-designed templates, you can quickly create and customize video galleries. You may also attach watermarks to your films to protect the confidentiality of your content and prevent competitors from duplicating it.
Envira Gallery has been downloaded over 2,000,000 times. Since its release in 2014, it’s been fast gaining in popularity with photographers, bloggers, company owners, designers, and developers. With Envira, keeping track of your films is simple. You can organise your belongings into albums and sort them using tags.
You may also apply passwords to your videos to restrict who can view them. This allows you to create gated marketing campaigns in which clients must submit a form before gaining access to your video library.
- Features an adaptable and user-friendly layout for mobile devices.
- Fully compatible with the WooCommerce platform
- A code that is easy to customize and contains a large number of hooks and filters
- Can showcase videos as a slideshow
- Instagram, Dropbox, NextGen, Flickr, Zip Files, and more can be imported into your account.
- Provides a social media integration
- Free version is restricted to basic functionality
- Requires a Pro-Plan to obtain access to all of the add-ons
- Advanced WordPress users may feel limited
It is as easy and straightforward as the name suggests for this video player plugin. It is a video player plugin that allows you to insert videos from either an external source or your own. The video is directly linked to the video file. It shows local videos, server-streamed videos, YouTube videos, and Vimeo videos.
Videos must be in mp4 format, which is the best and most widely used format on the web, as a requirement for this plugin. The plugin is responsive and compatible with new web technologies such as HTML5. It is capable of playing videos in loops.
- Optimized for mobile and desktop
- Subtitles files are supported.
- Support for both local and streaming videos
- Commercial popup advertising are optional.
YouTube embed is a flexible video player plugin for WordPress sites. It allows you to integrate a whole playlist from a YouTube channel in addition to a video.
When you click the YouTube button in the upper right corner of the post editor, a pop-up box with options displays. To embed the video, select’search for a video or channel to insert.’ You can either search for a video in this section or paste one from a link or playlist. The plugin will then build a shortcode for you to enter into the blog post in order for the video to appear.
- Create your own playlists and choose how to show videos.
- Google-friendly metadata
- Playlists generated automatically depending on the user’s name
- Responsive video sizing with dynamic video sizing
You can embed videos using the WP video lightbox plugin. Videos are shown in an overlay pop-up. You can embed films from a variety of sites, including Vimeo and YouTube. You can also include any other iframe or flash content, as well as photos. You may change the animation speed, tweak the opacity, enable autoplay, and conceal or reveal the titles.
- Retrieve the thumbnail automatically
- Overlay a video description of a popup.
- Turn off suggested videos (YouTube)
FV WordPress flowplayer is a responsive video player for WordPress. It is ideal for displaying FLV and MP4 videos, with 98 percent coverage on mobile devices. You can include films from your own server as well as those from YouTube and Vimeo. Take a look at the setting section, as there are a lot of them. There are free and pro versions, although the free version alone has many advanced features including Google Analytics, Cuepoints, Native fullscreen, Keyboard shortcuts, Subtitles, Slow motion, and Random seeking.
- Video player that is completely responsive
- Amazon S3, Cloudfront, and other CDNs are fully supported.
Huge-IT The WordPress Video Gallery plugin is entirely responsive, allowing you to add both YouTube and Vimeo films to your website and modify how video galleries are displayed in a variety of ways. The videos are displayed in a pop-up lightbox. There are seven lovely gallery views to choose from, not to mention a plethora of useful features such as a view counter, zoom icon, and view more button.
- Hundreds of Design Options
- Lightbox Popup
- Add unlimited amount of videos
- Drag and Drop functionality
- Title and description for each video
- Gallery in widgets
This wordpress video plugin will enable you to perform any task associated with video publication. You can easily host, syndicate, stream, transcode, and monetize video material. It works by integrating your playerwire account with your WordPress page and allowing you to manage your video inventory directly from the WordPress dashboard.
One notable feature is that it supports HD playback via HTML5. Social sharing options are also available, and your material may be published across several platforms via playwire’s sandbox. Additionally, it includes advertising capabilities that enable you to generate money. Additionally, this fascinating plugin includes capabilities such as management over ad breaks and analysis.
The sole drawback is the inability to stream videos from YouTube and Vimeo, which means that all movies must be uploaded to Playwire.
- Support for MP4, M4V, M4A, MOV, MP4V
- HTML 5 video support
- Earn revenue through Playwire’s advertising network.
- VAST and VPAID compliant
Which one is the best WordPress video player plugin?
With the proliferation of WordPress video plugins, we’re back to the same old issue. Which one should be chosen, which is the best? It’s difficult to tell in general, as each site is unique, and you may have some unique requirements. While Playwire Video Player is an outstanding alternative for making revenue from videos, it lacks the ability to broadcast videos from prominent sites such as YouTube and Vimeo. Huge-IT Video Gallery Plugin is an excellent solution for making video galleries. If you only need to embed a few YouTube videos, you may not require a video plugin at all or may use a free plugin such as YouTube Embed.
However, there is one plugin that is ideal for the majority of tasks; it can display movies from either an external source or your own server.
Please feel free to leave any questions or comments on displaying videos on WordPress websites in the section below. We appreciate your time in reading and hope that this post was beneficial.